It’s hard to believe folks, but a new release is fastly approaching. Usually, this is when I gather together a launch team to help spread the word about my upcoming release.
Well, this time around, I’m doing something a little different. Something a little more permanent.
Welcome to the Katie Ganshert Street Team application! (I know, the name is seriously lacking in creativity. We’re going to work on that, people. I promise.)
I am currently looking for 50 readers to join the team.
But first things first.
What exactly is this team?
So glad you asked. A street team is a group of readers who are ready and willing (and eager!) to get the word out on the street about my books. When I think of my street team, I think of my first readers, my inside circle, my front lines, my most enthusiastic fans.
Why do I need a street team?
Have you ever been inside a book store? Or tried perusing Amazon? Holy books, batman! Rising out of obscurity is no easy feat. My street team will play a critical role in creating that all-important buzz that is oh-so-very crucial when it comes to an author’s success.
What am I looking for in street team members?
Readers who have read my books, believe in my books, are excited about my books, and want to share that excitement with their sphere of influence. Enthusiasm (not just for books in general, but for Katie Ganshert books in particular) trumps all. Availability is important too!
What’s involved in such an endeavor?
As a street team member, you will receive free, advanced copies of all Katie Ganshert novels. Members are asked to read the book prior to release, then–if they like it (if you don’t like it, you aren’t required to do anything)–spread the word, as far and wide as possible!
Here are some ideas:
- Write reviews for Amazon, CBD.com, Goodreads, Novel Crossing, Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, your local library’s website, or any other online review site.
- Talk about the books on social media sites.
- Blog about the books
- Ask your local library to order a copy of the books.
- Ask your local church library to order the books (or donate a copy).
- If you’re part of a Bible study, MOPS, or any other group, tell them about the book.
- Suggest my latest book to your book club, if applicable.
- “Like” the book on Amazon.
- Direct people to my website.
- Write a review for your local newspaper.
- Purchase copies to give away as Christmas and birthday gifts.
- Pin the cover or other pictures from my website to Pinterest.
- Share your favorite quotes from the book online. If you purchase an e-book, highlight your favorite quotes.
- Suggest the book on reading forums, like those you can find on GoodReads.
- Make a video about the book and upload it to YouTube or Vimeo
Members will receive periodic emails from me to keep up-to-date on the latest happenings. They will also be part of a super secret Katie Ganshert Street Team group on Facebook, where we can share ideas and get to know one another.
What do you get out of the deal?
Besides receiving free copies of my books and my undying gratitude, there are some added perks. Such as receiving the occasional free bonus book from my publisher. And being privy to insider information–including, but not limited to, being the first to see cover art, hear about new titles, read snippets of my early drafts, help me name characters, choose settings, and more!
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be part of, please fill out the form below: