Chin-Grabbers for Everyone:
- Confessions Behind the Mask, a new blog by Betsy St. Amant
In this day and age of social media, it’s all too easy to hide our real selves behind a facade. By picking and choosing what to share, we can basically be whoever we want to be. Which is fine and dandy, until we start looking around at all our Facebook and Twitter friends, wondering how they have it all together while we’re still a raging mess. If you’re tired of feeling alone in your inadequacy and hurt, this is the place to go for encouragement.
- The Difficulty of Being a Work-at-Home Momcby Jody Hedlund
I found this post particularly timely, as I’ve had many epiphanies about this reality as of late. In fact, I’m posting about it on Monday. Working from home definitely has its tricky bits.
- Infertility: The Road More Traveled than You May Thinkiby Olivia Ryan
For any woman who’s ever struggled with infertility or empty arms, this post drips with hope, honesty, and truth. My favorite of the faves this week.
Chin-Grabbers for Writers:
- What Should I do for my Book Signing?iby literary agent, Chip MacGregor
Concrete, applicable tips for authors wanting to have more successful book signings.
- 13 Ways to Scare Readers Away from Your Book’s Websiteiby Thomas Umstattd
13 very helpful tips that had me checking my own website. I particularly agree with the music one. It’s hard not to find that jarring.
- Five Ways to Build a Thriving Communityiby Jeff Goins
Are you trying to build a growing, active community on your blog or Facebook page? (Who isn’t?) Here are some must-read tips from Jeff.
Tell me something fun! What’s been happening in your world this week?