You know what would be fabulous? If I could clone myself and have Me One do all the reading and Me Two do all the writing, then have the two get together and chat at the end of each day. Until that happens, I will continue to have stacks of books on my nightstand and never enough time to get through them as quickly as I’d like.
I hope you enjoy my bookshelf and find some new books and authors to read!
I just finished:
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- I could NOT put this down, especially once I reached a certain point. Moriarty is the master of intrigue and characterization.
Right now I’m reading:
- The Lake House by Kate Morton
- I’m on a serious Liane Moriarty kick and heard Morton is similar to Moriarty. I’m listening to this one on audio. I’m struggling a bit to get into it, but that could be because I’m not a huge fan of dual timelines.
What’s Up Next?
- A Love Like Ours by Becky Wade
Recently Finished – Great for Book Clubs:
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- My new favorite author! She writes fiction I can’t seem to put down and has such a keen observational eye.
- Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers
- I’ve never fallen more in love with a character than I did with Hadassah. The first book, A Voice in the Wind, starts off a bit slow, but push through! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
- Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- The Twilight series. I can’t help myself. I loved me some Edward and Bella. I will admit, Breaking Dawn got a bit whackadoo.
- Anna and the French Kiss. This is definitely a this-makes-me-giddy-I-can’t-stop-smiling read. So romantic. So charming. So good!