Chin-Grabbers for Everyone:
- When the God of Heaven Sends You to Hell by Kelli Standish (@KelliStandish)
Talk about powerful, spirit-soaked, truth-filled words–this is an honest-to-goodness must read. I guarantee you will never look at Jonah the same.
- What Women Want: Purpose by Wendy Paine Miller (@wendypmiller)
I just love the way this woman writes.
- Four Ways to Make the Most of your Season by Sarah Markley (@sarahmarkley) on (in)Courage
“Comparison will steal your passion, chase away your joy and kill your soul.” Such a refreshing read for any person who calls themselves human. Seriously.
- The Power of Touch by Jamy Whitaker (@JamyWhitaker) on Encouragement Café
I just found this site. The devotionals are short and sweet with some applicable take-aways.
Chin-Grabbers for Writers:
- Do Agents and Editors Expect Novelists to Blog by Jody Hedlund (@JodyHedlund)
Jody goes straight to an agent and an editor for the answer. Just remember, this is only the view of one agent and one editor, albeit well-respected ones in the industry. I think the comments are worth reading, especially the first one from Jody.
- The Seven Stages of Publishing Grief by Robin LeFevers (@RLLAFEVERS) on Writer Unboxed
I think every writer experiences these stages differently (I didn’t experience all of these or in the way indicated), but even so, the stuff she writes before she gets into the stages resonates. Especially the bit about Amazon’s new author rank. I am steering clear!
- 5 Facts about Publishing that could Change your Writing Career by Jeff Goins (@JeffGoins)
- Big Dreams vs Realistic Expectations by Rachelle Gardner (@RachelleGardner)
Great thoughts on how to pursue big dreams, but guard our hearts against the emotions that come when reality is a little smaller.
Let’s Talk: Any blog posts you’d like to share? Cares, concerns, celebrations? I love reading them!
If I haven’t already, I’d love to send you a welcome packet! To sign up, just click on the welcome packet button at the top and bottom of this page!